Graduated from the Hebrew University (1992); earned his LL.D. from the Hebrew University (direct track) (1999); and did his post-doctorate at U.C. Berkeley law school (2000-2001). Worked as a Legal assistant for the State Attorney General (1992-1996) (The former president of the Israeli Supreme Court) and served as a legal assistant for the Minister of Justice (1996). During this period also represented the Israeli government at the Supreme Court in a variety of cases. Served as the Law School Dean at the Center of Law and Business (2008-2010).
His areas of research include: administrative law, procurement law and government contract law.
Research & Publications
- "The Lower-Bid Bias in Public Procurement" (with Amos Schurr); http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2270773
- "The Bankruptcy Auction as a Game - Designing an Optimal Auction in Bankruptcy", 32 REVIEW OF LITIGATION (forthcoming) (with Yaad Rotem); http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2270945
- "Cross Exaination at The High Court of Justice and The Administrtive Court", 36 Tel Aviv U. L. Rev. 151 (2012) (Hebrew);
- "Should the Acquitted Recover Damages? The Right of an Acquitted Defendant to Receive Compensation for the Injury He Has Suffered", 47 Criminal Law Bulletin 474 (2011) http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1924884
- “Modification of a Government Contract Awarded Following a Competitive Procedure”, 38 Pub. Cont. L. Rev. 401 (2009) http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1391242
- “The Legal Theory of Competitive Bidding For Government Contracts” 37 Pub. Cont. L. Rev. 237 (2008).http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1391182
- "Changing the Terms of a Contract in View of a Public Tender" 5 Law & Business 287 (2006) (Hebrew).
- Book – Procurement Law, Theory and Practice, Vol. 2 (429 pp.) (2006) (Hebrew).
- Comparative research on procurement law commissioned by the Prime Minister’s office, in preparation for a procurement-law reform in Israel (Hebrew).
- “The Public Tenderer’s Objectives: Equality is not the Main Issue”, in On Law, Government and Society, Prof. Yoav Dotan. and Prof. Ariel Bendor. (eds.), (volume of essays published in honor of the former Israeli Supreme Court Justice Yitzhak Zamir) (2006) (Hebrew).
- Book – Procurement Law, Theory and Practice, Vol. 1 (621 pp.) (2004) (Hebrew).
- “Estoppel in Bid Protests Due to Bond Withdrawals” 6 Law and Government 609 (2003) (Hebrew).
- Book – The Legal Requirement of Competitive Bidding for Administrative Agencies, based on the author’s doctoral thesis of the same name (461 pp.) (2001) (Hebrew).
- “Auction as a Game – Economic Analysis of the Law of Procurement”, 30 Mishpatim 637 (2000).